Pavements are essential for the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. However, over time, they can become damaged and worn. When this happens, property owners have two options: restoration or replacement.
Pavement restoration is the process of repairing and improving the existing pavement. This can be done by filling cracks, patching potholes, and sealing the surface. Restoration can extend the life of a pavement by many years, and it can be a more cost-effective option than replacement.
Pavement replacement is the process of removing the old pavement and installing a new one. This is a more expensive option than restoration, but it can provide a longer-lasting solution. Replacement is typically necessary if the existing pavement is severely damaged or if it is no longer meeting the needs of the property.
When to Restore
There are a few factors to consider when deciding whether to restore or replace a pavement.
- Budget: Restoration is typically less expensive than replacement. However, the cost of restoration will vary depending on the extent of the damage.
- Pavement Condition: If the pavement is only lightly damaged, restoration may be a viable option. However, if the pavement is severely damaged, replacement may be necessary.
- Long-Term Benefits: Restoration can extend the life of a pavement by many years. However, replacement can provide a longer-lasting solution.
When to Replace
In general, replacement is necessary if the pavement is severely damaged or if it is no longer meeting the needs of the property.
Here are some signs that your pavement may need to be replaced:
- Major cracks: Large cracks in the pavement can allow water to seep in and damage the subgrade.
- Potholes: Potholes are a safety hazard and can damage vehicles.
- Ruts: Ruts can make it difficult to drive and can cause damage to vehicles.
- Uneven surface: An uneven surface can be a tripping hazard and can damage vehicles.
- Delamination: Delamination is a condition in which the top layer of the pavement separates from the bottom layer. This can cause the pavement to buckle and crack.
Choosing a Pavement Contractor
If you decide that your pavement needs to be restored or replaced, it is important to choose a qualified contractor. A qualified contractor will have the experience and expertise to properly restore or replace your pavement.
Why Pacific Construction & Surface?
Pacific Construction & Surface is a leading provider of pavement restoration and replacement services. We have over 20 years of experience and a team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to providing our customers with the best possible service. We offer a wide range of services, including pavement inspections, crack sealing, pothole repair, asphalt paving, and concrete paving. We also offer a comprehensive warranty on all of our work.
If you are looking for a qualified and experienced pavement contractor, Contact us today to schedule a pavement inspection!